Marinated and sautéed shrimp and rice is always a crowd pleaser. Marinate in Mama's Mediterranean Spices and use the more marinade to sauté the shrimp when cooking.
- Shrimp (raw)
- Rice of your choice
- Mama's Mediterranean Spices (one packet mixed/blended)
- Garnish of your choice (basil, mint, lemon slices, parsley)
- Mix one entire packet of Mama's Mediterranean Spices in your blender or food processor using the oil and vinegar of your choice + pure lemon juice. Per directions on the package label.
- Place peeled and rinsed shrimp in a sealable bag or container.
- Pour enough Mama's Mediterranean marinade over the the shrimp to coat all shrimp (reserve 1/2 cup of blended Mama's Mediterranean for sauté).
- Store in refrigerator for at least one hour turning at least once.
- Prepare rice of your choice. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of blended Mama's Mediterranean marinade to sauté pan (do not use marinade from bag to sauté shrimp).
- Cook shrimp until done (about 5-7 minutes).
- Plate rice and serve shrimp on top of rice or as a side.
- Garnish with herbs or lemon wedges.
I prefer to serve the seafood on top of the rice as a single entrée.
You can substitute chicken, beef, pork, or other fish for the shrimp for the marinated item.
You can also bake other meats and seafood instead of sautéed.
Do not reuse the marinade from the bag or container.
Refrigerate remaining mixed Mama's Mediterranean Marinade for up to 30 days. Shake well before using.
Keep eating boldly and deliciously with 50 Years of Gabe's Gourmet Goodness in every bite!
Other recipes you might like