Crispy and Flavor Filled Potato Fries, Potato Cakes or Hash Browned Potatoes
- 5-6 medium or large russet or red potatoes
- Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade Spices or Mama's Mediterranean Spices as a marinade and dry spice packet
- Wash potatoes
- Cut into thick or thin slices (I like mine thicker)
- Place in deep bowl, container with a lid or plastic resealable storage bag
- Pour Gabe's Original or Mama's Mediterranean Spices marinade over potatoes
- Toss, shake or stir fully coating potatoes with marinade (don't add too much as you just want to coat the pototoes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place potatoes on nonstick baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn, brush on more marinade if desired and bake for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy and golden (bake time varies by oven brand, rack position or if using a convection oven). If using an air fryer, follow directions. If using a BBQ, use a baking tray with small holes or slats, if frying, use your judgement based on the type of pan you are using (recommend a cast iron pan for stove top for maximum crispiness)
- Sprinkle Mama's Mediterranean on top of the potatoes midway through cooking cycle for a spicy kick. Add minced garlic midway though if desired for garlic fries!
- Serve with Gabe's or Mama's creamy dip recipe or marinade
Discard marinade after removing the potatoes if not using to baste/brush midway through baking (do not use bagged marinade as a dip). Pour fresh marinade to use as dip.
Serve with Mama's or Gabe's creamy dip recipe, or prepared marinade (or other side condiments such as ketchup or BBQ sauce).
For hashbrowns, diced potatoes or other baked, fried, BBQ'd or broiled potatoes, use the marinade, dry spice or creamy dip for added WOW factor!
To BBQ cut potatoes, use a skewer to cook and turn potatoes easily.
Enjoy 50 Years of Gabe's Gourmet Goodness in every bite!
Other recipes you might like