A twist on the traditional Lemongrass chicken
- Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade Spices (prepared as a marinade)
- Mama's Mediterranean Spices (dry spice)
- 1-2 pounds chicken
- Rice pilaf
- Green Onions
- Fresh herbs and fruit of choice
- Marinade cut (chopped or sliced) chicken overnight (breast, legs, thighs; entirely your choice). Turn chicken a few times while marinating
- Chop one bunch green onions
- Start preparation of rice pilaf (either from prepared package or scratch. The rice takes a lot longer than the chicken so start this about 30 minutes before the chicken)
- Heat frying pan with 2 tablespoons oil on medium heat
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in pan (discard marinade)
- Cook chicken in oil for five minutes
- Add green onions
- Sprinkle two teaspoons of Mama's Mediterranean Spices over chicken and green onions in pan
- Cook another five minutes or until chicken is done through (cook time will vary depending on how your chicken was cut)
- Place rice on service platter. Lightly drizzle rice with Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade prepared as a salad dressing.
- Remove chicken mixture from pan and place on top of rice. Lightly drizzle with Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade prepared as a salad dressing
- Garnish with parsley, basil, mint or other fresh herbs and fruit
- Add chopped or halved nuts for added crunch (pecans, peanuts, walnuts, slivered almonds)
The sugar and pepper you would normally use in any fish or lemongrass mixture is already included in the Gabe's and Mama's blends, so your all set! No need to add more.
You can use any rice you choose, but rice pilaf goes well with this recipe. If using white rice, add 1/2-1/4 cup of Gabe's or Mama's Marinade to the cooking process in addition to the water. This will create a moist and flavorful rice bed.
Add fresh chopped lemongrass to the chicken in the final 2-3 minutes for added tang.
Add more Mama's Mediterranean Spices to the chicken if you like things more spicy (there is dried habanero in the Mama's blend that replace the red pepper flakes most Lemongrass marinades include).
Chicken and rice can be served separately, but it's a lot more visually when served together. Be creative with your herb and fruit garnish!
Keep eating boldly and deliciously with 50 Years of Gabe's Gourmet Goodness in every bite!
Other recipes you might like