This pea salad is a cherished recipe from one of our dear friends. It's an absolutely delicious, fabulous and easy recipe. Enjoy!
- Frozen Peas (one 16 ounce package)
- Red onion (one small)
- Hard boiled eggs (2)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Feta Cheese (plain or flavored)
- Pour bag of frozen peas into a service bowl as the base
- 1/2 of a diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup real mayonnaise (to preferred texture)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste (1/2 tsp of each to start)
- 1 Tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Feta cheese to taste (I use the entire container)
- Stir all ingredients together and chill at least one hour (better if overnight)
- Stir mixture
- Slice 2 hard boiled eggs and place on top of salad as garnish (essential to add them!)
- The best pea salad recipe I've ever had! In memory of our dear friend Mark Klammer who perfected this recipe over many decades and was always gracious enough to bring it to our gatherings!
You can sub green or white onions for the red onions for a milder taste, but I would not do it!
Add more mayonnaise if you like it goopy (I do not like it goopy).
Really great on day 2 served again.
Other recipes you might like