This easy Pecan & Walnut Pie recipe is a huge hit every time! Add some vanilla ice cream, or a dollop of whipped cream for a delicious treat. Not just a holiday dessert!
- Pie crust (one 9-inch)
- Dark Brown Sugar (1/2 cup packed)
- Granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
- Eggs (3 eggs beaten)
- Unsalted butter (2 Tbs melted)
- Pure vanilla extract (3 tsps)
- Salt (1/4 tsp) optional
- Pecans (1 cup halves)
- Walnuts (1 cup halves)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, brown and granulated sugars, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt (it should be creamy and dark)
- Mix in the pecan and walnut halves
- Place the pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet. Fill with the nut mixture and make until the center is set, 45-50 minutes
- Let cool completely before serving. FABULOUS
Use a deep dish pie plate. You can double this recipe for a deep, deep dish pie.
You can double the crust if you like a thinker crust
The pie can be made up to 1 day in advance. I store it covered with foil (not plastic wrap) in the fridge. You can also freeze this pie if your pie plate is freezer safe.
Other recipes you might like