Poached fish and steamed vegetables never tasted so delicious! A great combination with Mama's and Gabe's Spice blends. [Recipe and photo provided by Margot H. - Cleveland, Ohio]
- Mam's Mediterranean Spices packet
- Fish filets of your choice (this photo and recipe used salmon filets)
- Raw or frozen vegetables of choice
- Open packet of Mama's Mediterranean Spices and stir well to combine all eight ingredients.
- Wash fish filets.
- Place fish in pan with enough water to just cover the fish.
- Add 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of Mama's Mediterranean Spices into the water.
- Cover and boil until fish is done (a clear glass lid will help you see that fish is done, otherwise use a thermometer.
- Remove fish from pan.
- You can use the same water and spices to steam the vegetables by placing a steamer insert into the pan and placing the vegetables into the insert.
- Steam/boil the vegetables for about 2 minutes until tender.
You can use any fish fillet you choose (salmon, cod, halibut, flounder, tilapia, haddock, trout, etc.).
You can also steam the vegetables in the separate pan using fresh water and 1-2 tsp of Mama's Mediterranean or Gabe's Original Spices in the water (they will not taste like fish this way).
Frozen vegetables will take about as long as fresh vegetables to soften, but don't overcook the frozen vegetables. Keep an eye on the timing and don't exceed 4-5 minutes or your veggies will taste delicious with the spices but will be mushy from over steaming/overcooking!
Poached fish and veggies are also great served with rice cooked with Gabe's or Mama's in the water while boiling.
Other recipes you might like