Red Pasta Sauce with Gabe's and Mama's Spices
- Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade Spices packet
- Mama's Mediterranean Spices
- 28 oz red pasta sauce (canned or fresh)
- 16 oz stewed tomatoes (fresh or canned/jarred)
- 8 oz can tomato paste
- Green or white onion
- Green and red bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef, chicken, turkey and/or sausage (I use 2 pounds combined)
- Mushrooms (optional)
- 6oz can of sliced black olives (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Robust red wine (Merlot, Cabernet something dark and spicy)
- Pasta of choice
- Open the bottle of red wine. Optional: You can sip while cooking this yummy red sauce.
- Boil pasta in large pot. Add 2 Tbs of Gabe's Original Spices to the boiling water. When done, do not drain, rather use tongs to lift pasta out of the water to keep the spice flavor on the pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, in a separate large pot, brown the meat (I prefer a combination of ground beef and spicy ground sausage). Drain fat.
- Add finely diced onions and bell peppers to meat mixture
- Add pasta sauce of choice (canned or fresh), stewed tomatoes and tomato paste if desired.
- Add drained can of sliced black olives or olives of your choice. Stir.
- Cook on medium heat to boil and reduce heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering, add 2 tsp of Mama's Mediterranean Spices to the sauce and add 1/2 to 1 cup of red wine, stir.
- Remove pasta from pot with tongs. Place pasta into a large serving bowl or directly into the pasta sauce (I prefer the latter!).
- Garnish with basil, parsley and sprinkle grated Parmesan Cheese on top.
- Add more wine to the sauce and to your glass as desired!
As mentioned above, I prefer to combine the pasta with the sauce. It infuses the sauce directly into the pasta and avoids too little or too much sauce when plated.
Add more Gabe's Original or Mama's Mediterranean to the sauce to create a robust, zesty, savory, sweet or spicy pasta sauce.
Serve with a green salad drizzled with Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade Spices or Mama's Mediterranean Spices.
Serve with toasted bread or breadsticks brushed and dipped in Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade Spices or Mama's Mediterranean Spices prepared as a salad dressing or dip.
Enjoy a wonderful robust and spicy red wine from Walla Walla, WA (or whatever your favorite might be) with this amazing meal!
This recipe can be doubled or tripled so you have leftovers.
Other recipes you might like