Classic Mediterranean Tzatziki Dip with 10 added spices, a sweet creamy element and a spicy finish!
- Package of Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade Spices
- Package of Mama's Mediterranean Spices
- Sour Cream
- Plain Yogurt
- Garlic Powder
- Mix 1/2 pint sour cream and 1/2 pint plain yogurt of choice in bowl
- Add two Tbs Gabe's Original Dressing & Marinade Spices (dry)
- Add 3 Tbs Mama's Mediterranean Spices (dry)
- Finely ice 1 small or 1/2 large seedless cucumber (do not peel)
- Add 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Mix well
- Chill & serve
- Excellent served with cold or hot traditional grape leaves/Dolmas, remainder of sliced cucumber, raw veggies, pita bread, olives, chips of choice (not thin chips: they break to easily in this chunky dip)
Make a double batch of the Tzatziki so you have leftovers!
Use crushed fresh garlic or garlic powder (not garlic salt).
Keep refrigerated until you are ready to transfer to another bowl. You'll want to stir it again before serving.
I like to serve fresh Tzatziki with my hot cooked stuffed grape leaves as well. It's a great dip or spread, especially for guests not accustomed to Mediterranean or Middle Eastern foods.
Canned stuffed vegan grape leaves can be found at most Mediterranean or Middle Eastern markets.
Other recipes you might like